Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The dangers of over etching

Hello guys. I have looked all over for this one particular video where a guy acid etched a rebel logo onto his saber and now I can't find it. In the video he used this blue transfer film and baked it on.Can anyone help me?

To save you some time, I have a Brother printer, and found out after much experimenting and searching that Brother toner doesn't work with PNP Blue transfer paper.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    That would be ARKM's Saltwater Etching Tutorial thread.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ching-Tutorial
    Actually I did not use the PnP transfer paper in my tutorial, nor are there any videos as part of my tutorial. I appreciate the plug though.

I have tried the PnP paper but I can't get it to work well for me. Others have had much better success with it than I.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Opps...missed seeing the blue transfer film part. In my opinion you don't want to use that stuff...its a pain to work with and like Arkm said sometimes it works and most of the time it dosen't. Just get a vinyl cutter like darth_chasm did. Have seen many members use them and they work very well. I'm going to get one once i can afford one.

Blog Entries

I was cleaning up a bit and found the container I used to etch DCLS-004. I then remembered I used coiled wire to etch the entire body. I must have forgotten because it wasn't a design per se. No mishaps that go around.

I am currently etching right now. Unfortunately, I don't have any thick gauge brass wire so I am using two plates (wish I had three) connected by some copper wire. Same concept as a coiled wire, just a different config.

Everything seems to be going fine.

UPDATE:

Everything worked out alright using the two plates. But because I only had two plates and they did not wrap all the way around I did turn the piece a few times. This is the result from 1hr 20 mins. I also did a little light weathering to bring out the detail.

Last edited by darth_chasm; 01-24-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Looks like it turned out great bro...now i want a vinyl cutter even more now. Cool power supply ....what one is it?

Blog Entries

It's a Tekpower. Model # is in the pic. Around $90 on Amazon.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

1 hour and 20 minutes? Dang! Were you only using 1 volt? I usually use 6. Since I use an old car battery charger, I have no idea what the current is. I need to a get a power supply, lol. Nice etching btw.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."