Thread: Jedi Junk Saber(JJS) - lots of pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I LOVE these "junk" sabers...amazing work ner vod!

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Nice work... shows thinking outside the box.

The leather molding technique is quite clever. That emitter looks absolutely fantastic! I particularly like how it looks lit up. I think the accent LED panel is quite clever also.

Very nice....i to like that shroud. Well done with your etching.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Looks great!

Excellent creativity...and using the dowels on the leather wrap was brilliant; at first glance I thought the leather had been moulded over one of the fluted MHS sections but reading on to how you achieved that wow that dowel technique rocks - BRAVO!

Thanks everyone for their comments

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    Excellent creativity...and using the dowels on the leather wrap was brilliant; at first glance I thought the leather had been moulded over one of the fluted MHS sections but reading on to how you achieved that wow that dowel technique rocks - BRAVO!
    So there's no confusion. The leather is wrapped around a fluted section. The dowels were used to force the leather into the grooves as it dried. I forgot to mention that in the OP

I dig it. Very nice use of "spare" parts and the patchwork look. Like it was repaired in the field....a few times. Very creative use of parts, good on you with the etching gives the saber a little depth and some texture with the knurled section.
    I've gotta say I'm a bit inspired by this hilt.
    Great work.