Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jedi Junk Saber(JJS) - lots of pics

Thanks everyone for their comments

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    Excellent creativity...and using the dowels on the leather wrap was brilliant; at first glance I thought the leather had been moulded over one of the fluted MHS sections but reading on to how you achieved that wow that dowel technique rocks - BRAVO!
    So there's no confusion. The leather is wrapped around a fluted section. The dowels were used to force the leather into the grooves as it dried. I forgot to mention that in the OP

This is such a cool build. What LEDs are in those that is in that panel?
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    This is such a cool build. What LEDs are in those that is in that panel?
    Those are some 2mmx5mm Red, Green, Blue LEDs

I dig it. Very nice use of "spare" parts and the patchwork look. Like it was repaired in the field....a few times. Very creative use of parts, good on you with the etching gives the saber a little depth and some texture with the knurled section.
    I've gotta say I'm a bit inspired by this hilt.
    Great work.