Thread: Help with Prizm needed

Default Help with Prizm needed

Hi all.
    Kind of a repost from FX, in the Plecter Labs area.
    The issue: wiring up a prizm as normal, but getting constant swings. I thought it must be my resistors or something, but it still swings with the led's not connected.
    In fact the only things connected are speaker, battery, switches. No led's of any kind.

I've tried changing out the battery, and resoldering one of the capacitors, per Chewbacca's instructions. I've posted pics over there, but not much to see since not much is connected.
    I reworked every single wire in the saber, thinking I missed something. Even new components ( speaker, battery etc.) still cause the swings.
    Did a long format and default install of the Prizm package, same. Fiddled with drive settings and sensitivity, same.

Am I missing something?
    Thanks for any help

-Darkmatter73

Blog Entries

My first thought is that the sensitivity settings are not set correctly. Another possibility is that you have the momentary/latching setting backwards. If you are using a momentary switch, make sure that parameter is set correctly.

Thanks Hapki.
    Yeah that was my thought as well. I've been through both the default and my own settings for the drive and the sensitivity. Way up and way down, just to make sure they were working as intended.
    Also both Erv and Chewbacca have looked at my override file.
    I just don't know, the Prizm is a pretty easy install/setup generally.
    Chewie had thought that maybe a capacitor had come loose or had a cold joint, but I performed the fix he suggested and nothing.
    Back to troubleshooting! =)

-Darkmatter73