Thread: Blade Holders (non MHS) - Inner Diameters

Lightbulb Blade Holders (non MHS) - Inner Diameters

Hey All,

Does anyone happen to know the inner diameters for both ends of the non MHS Blade holders listed below?

I'm trying to upgrade some electronics, and my original 1.25" Sink tube LED/Blade holder (P269) that I bought in 2009 has a less than 1" ID (15/16" ID to be exact) on the end that houses the LED and is too small for the new LED housing I happen to have (needs 1" ID to fit). The end that holds the blade is exactly 1" ID though. I'm hoping one of these will have the dimensions I need to fit snugly inside a 1.25" OD sink tube.

Thanks in advance!

~ Ariana
    ~ Ariana

Lightsabers: Aerea | Unnamed Green Saber - Open to name suggestions! Please see the thread.

The only one of those that will fit inside a standard 1.25" 22ga. sink tube is the 1.25" sinktube saber. The 1.25" holder has an o.d. of 1.25" and will not fit. The 1.18 is designed to fit inside a 20ga. 1.25" o.d. sinktube and both have the saber threaded ends for the screw-in heatsink they now come with. That i.d. is 0.928". The blade socket ends are the same as well, at 1.03". Unfortunately, the heatsink you need for that old blade holder is out of production. It looked like this:

It should have been included with the blade socket, so I take it you used it elsewhere, or lost it?
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 12-29-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks, Jay-gon. I really appreciate the information.

The pictures in your post are the exact holder and heat sink that I currently have. I was trying to see if I could use a non-TCSS pre-housed LED module that has a 1" OD, since I just happened to have an extra one and don't want to dismantle it. I'll have to explore some other options.

Thanks again!
    ~ Ariana

Lightsabers: Aerea | Unnamed Green Saber - Open to name suggestions! Please see the thread.