Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Gladius Build

Default Obi-Gladius Build

Taking a break from my Greyflex build (decsions to be made) and decided to start working on something else in the meantime...

I was able to score a solid brass choke #2 and a control box 7 so I did a lot of brainstorming and decided I would do a blend of Kenobi and a Gladius:

OBI-GLADIATOR RENDER.jpg

This will be a fairly short overall hilt (<10") so it brings about a few challenges, especially since I want a crystal reveal...

OBI-GLADIATOR INTERNALS.jpg

I think if I do a small chamber (1") and have it where you unscrew the booster. That's a little far back in the hilt, but I'm not seeing a way to insert it further up unless I can do a sort of slide out reveal. That will require some tooling I may or may not be able to pull off without a shop. I invite any and all ideas on that.

I will likely use a NB3 to simplify the switching, and place the switch in the control box to keep it hidden. Ill use a 18500 battery due to size constraints. Blue blade most likely. It will be weathered when completed, but still have clean lines.

I'll post more as parts arrive and ideas solidify!

Nice! I have been wanting to build an Obi Wan hilt for a while now (personally I like it better than the graflex...I know, that's kinda heresy around these parts, but there it is) so I'll be keeping an eye on this build

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

I have also always liked the Kenobi hilts. With this build I want to use it as inspiration. Developing chassis ideas now.

IMG_2982.jpg

Collecting some of the pieces...

This brass choke is a thing of beauty and will be even better weathered!
    Last edited by Darth Nurse; 12-29-2016 at 07:07 AM.

I like the Obi Wan hilt more than the Graflex, too. Looking forward to seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    I like the Obi Wan hilt more than the Graflex, too. Looking forward to seeing this.
    Thanks!

IMG_3107.jpg

Mocking up the small reveal portion of the chassis.

Ordered up the other hilt parts minus the blade holder. This will allow me to get a ton done while waiting on them to come back in stock.

More chassis work. I only have 3" to work with on the reveal, and I think this is coming along nicely.

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

More parts arrived! I am really hoping I can get away with a 3" extension vs the 4". Will require some cram fu.

Trying to decide on switching options...