Thread: Main blade color and FoC swapped on CF 8 build

Question Main blade color and FoC swapped on CF 8 build

Ok, I have spent the last hour searching the forum for the answer to this and I have come up empty. Perhaps my Forum-search-fu is lacking?

I am not new to working with electronics, but I am stumped.

I have a CF 8 board, and a tri-cree LED (Royal Blue, Royal Blue, Green). I have the two blues bridged for the main blade color, and want to use the green for FoC. I have followed the wiring diagrams in the CF 8 manual. I got everything all hooked up and it all works, except, I am getting the green as my main blade color, and the FoC is the two blue LEDs.

I'm confused...any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Check your config files. Especially the override.txt file.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Check your config files. Especially the override.txt file.
    I guess I'm not seeing anything that reverses those. I'm also not seeing anything in the manual that reverses the pads on the CF so that your FoC pads become the main color and the main color dice become the FoC.

Here is how I have things wired. I have the FoC pad wired to the ground (-) of the FoC die on the LED with a brown wire. The resistor is inline. The green wire is wired to the power as shown in the manual for the CF8. The two blue dice on the LED are bridged, with a white wire leading to positive and black wire leading to ground (-). Have I done something incorrectly? I have it wired as the manual indicates.

Top.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    LED.jpg
    Last edited by Kal Joren; 12-23-2016 at 01:16 PM.

I found the solution, and for anyone else who has the same issue that stumbles across this thread, I will be kind enough to provide the solution.

At the bottom of the override.txt file, there is a group of color profiles. Comment them all out with ## and resave the file. This resolved my issue perfectly, and now everything works as it should.

MTFBWY