Hey guys! I was looking at using the Nano Biscotte for an upcoming build of mine, but before I commit and buy parts, I wanted to clear up a couple questions I had. The plan is for a simple setup, with a single green LED, no flash, standard momentary switch, no recharge port. This will be a gift for my son, his first lightsaber, so none of the "bells and whistles" apart from having decent sound are really necessary, but I still want it to be a quality saber. Anyway, my questions:

1.) This is my biggest question/concern: what would be the best battery set up to use for the NBV3? Four AAA, two AA, LI, et cetera? Like I said, it will be my first time using it, and admittedly, I got a little bogged down by the specs on the product page.
2.) I was perusing through the MWS selections and noticed that there isn't a resistor anywhere amidst all that, but read that NBV3 has a power extender, so does that go in place of it or something? (I likely won't use the MWS options since it would be more expensive, and there would be a lot more extra wire that will ultimately get in my way.) Simply put, will I need to get a resistor as well, or does the NBV3 take care of that on its own?

And that's about it. All the basics of wiring and saber construction I have down, and if I have any more questions I'll tack it onto this.
Thank you in advance, and happy sabering to all! (I'll be sure to post pictures when the build is finished!)