Thread: Starting My Next Saber, Need Help Finding Correct Sound Card For Me

Default Starting My Next Saber, Need Help Finding Correct Sound Card For Me

Hello Everyone!

I completed my first saber a few months ago, unfortunately I got so wrapped up in it I forgot to take any progress pics to share. I will say that thanks to the help of everyone here, it was a resounding success. Now that I've made one, I just want to make more!

For my second saber, I want to do something a bit more fancy. I used NB3 for my first build and it works great, but I've seen sabers that Madcow has done where the hilt features a second momentary switch which can be used to trigger clash effects and "lockup" effects. Is that the Crystal line of cards which feature that option? If so, is there any place which would show a wire diagram of that setup?

If you have used a CF card, how would you compare it's motion sensitivity to an NB? I've done some editing in the SD card settings on the motion sensitivity on my NB and it still seems difficult to draw out a motion sound with more subtle movements.

I'm thinking about doing a Crystal Chamber in this build, I love crystal chambers and I have a crystal already picked out. I would have done a chamber in the last build but I ran out of room and didn't think ahead on wire placement. I'm going to take my time with this one and make sure it all fits in a neat and organized fashion before anything is put together. Again, saw a Madcow vid and saw he used an RGB led for his crystal chamber on the CF8, can you do the same thing with a single color LED, in my case, a green accent LED from the CSS Store? Additionally, those of you who had a Crystal Chamber, how did you go about hiding your wire/ letting it pass through the chamber to the emitter/card without being seen?

Thanks everyone, can't wait to start my next build, the ability to use R.I.C.E. is pretty enticing, even though it'll likely just be Green 99% of the time.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

Blog Entries

See answers below in red.

Quote Originally Posted by JTP View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I completed my first saber a few months ago, unfortunately I got so wrapped up in it I forgot to take any progress pics to share. I will say that thanks to the help of everyone here, it was a resounding success. Now that I've made one, I just want to make more!

For my second saber, I want to do something a bit more fancy. I used NB3 for my first build and it works great, but I've seen sabers that Madcow has done where the hilt features a second momentary switch which can be used to trigger clash effects and "lockup" effects. Is that the Crystal line of cards which feature that option? If so, is there any place which would show a wire diagram of that setup?

The Prizm, PC, and CF all offer the Aux features with a second button. You can find diagrams here in the forums through search or in the manual of the respective sound board available for download on their product pages.

If you have used a CF card, how would you compare it's motion sensitivity to an NB? I've done some editing in the SD card settings on the motion sensitivity on my NB and it still seems difficult to draw out a motion sound with more subtle movements.

Leaps and bounds better.

I'm thinking about doing a Crystal Chamber in this build, I love crystal chambers and I have a crystal already picked out. I would have done a chamber in the last build but I ran out of room and didn't think ahead on wire placement. I'm going to take my time with this one and make sure it all fits in a neat and organized fashion before anything is put together. Again, saw a Madcow vid and saw he used an RGB led for his crystal chamber on the CF8, can you do the same thing with a single color LED, in my case, a green accent LED from the CSS Store? Additionally, those of you who had a Crystal Chamber, how did you go about hiding your wire/ letting it pass through the chamber to the emitter/card without being seen?

Yes you can set up a single LED color for your chamber. You might be better off using a 5mm LED. You can hide wires in tubing/brass spacers.

Thanks everyone, can't wait to start my next build, the ability to use R.I.C.E. is pretty enticing, even though it'll likely just be Green 99% of the time.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks, Chasm! I love your replies, answering questions in-line makes it super easy to get the info I'm looking for.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.