Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Next up: Jedi Temple Guard Saber

Quote Originally Posted by nathanielreykun View Post
    This might be a little bit taboo, but if you're willing to use more than just TCSS electronics, then I can confirm that I have a yellow saber from elsewhere that looks pretty perfect, especially for the Temple Guards.
    The colors achieved elsewhere can be achieved with the items from TCSS.

I have used several amber LEDs in saber builds, I would like to disagree with jbkuma a little about the difference in color mixing Red and Green to get yellow and using a straight up amber LED (same voltage source and optimizing resistor values for best results). If you measured the lumens of a R+G and then of a A+A LEDs they are probably real close. To me the difference is in the tint. The yellow is a vibrant warm color where the amber is more foreboding and sinister in appearance. I will agree that the yellow seems better suited for Jedi Temple Guards and the Amber is better suited for a Dark Jedi or a Sith whose has gone Grey Jedi

Blog Entries

Good to know. Thanks.

Blog Entries

I have a few more questions about how to get a good, bright yellow blade.

1. If I used the yellow day blade, what color(s) would be best with it?

2. Would it be best to use a diffuser with the yellow blade?

3. As an alternative to the yellow blade, would a R+G+A give me some ability to fine tune the color? (I'm using a Crystal Focus v7.5.). Or would the R+G+G still be the best option?

Thanks for the input.

1. You could just use a super bright white LED with the yellow tube....but ..go to 3.
    2. Yes you always want to use a diffuser film in the blades....it evenly spreads the light all the way up the tube.
    3. Using R+G+A LED instead would give you a way to fine tune the Yellow you want...also give you a vast array of choices of Flash on Clash colors.