Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next up: Jedi Temple Guard Saber

Blog Entries

Default Next up: Jedi Temple Guard Saber

I put other projects on hold to start a temple guard saber. According to the forums, the best way to get a yellow color is by using an RGB LED. Is that the consensus among the pros? I've ordered some brass and copper tube for shroudwork. I'm pretty excited about this project?

I a tri amber, RGB, and RGrB. The tri-amber looks nice, but even fully powered it isn't as bright as the tuned R+G. I would guess an R+G+G would be your best bet because the red can over power then green, but I've never tried it.

I got this yellow with an RGB Tri-Cree using only the red and green:

And this one:

That was a crystal shard powered saber, the same colors can be achieved with a prizm or better card as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Blog Entries

Thanks. That's looks good.

Blog Entries

It also occurred to me that I might try one of the yellow blades with a white / white / amber tri Cree. Would that increase the brightness? (Probably using amber or other color for FOC). I've never used a color blade other than the proton blade before.

Blog Entries

Thanks. I'm leaning toward a R+G+G ( or white for FOC ).

This might be a little bit taboo, but if you're willing to use more than just TCSS electronics, then I can confirm that I have a yellow saber from elsewhere that looks pretty perfect, especially for the Temple Guards.

I'm really fond of my purple day blade. The FOC isn't as extreme, but it looks really nice all the time. I also have an enhanced amber and a blue day blade as well.

The enhanced amber blade looks really good with the mixed RG (significantly brighter than with the tri amber). The enhanced amber is fluoresces with blue, so the RGB FoC on that is really exceptional in the blade, the tip is a bit more reactive and goes to a really bright yellow with blue light. The material is somewhat cloudy so it also somewhat diffuse and looks great with orange and red too. I think it is probably the best alternative to the white blade for warm colors for people who like that effect.

Blog Entries

Thanks, http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...athanielreykun. I've found the service and craftsmanship at TCSS incomparable. I'm very loyal to TCSS for that reason.
    Last edited by hapki; 12-24-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks, jbkuma. Now I'm leaning toward a colored blade. Even though canon temple guards use yellow blades, I really like the amber color. I may go with an enhanced amber. I'd try an enhanceed yellow, but none exists yet. Thanks again.