Thread: Ghetto grafflex relpica build (sink tube)

Default Ghetto grafflex relpica build (sink tube)

Hi folks,

As a newbie, I hope I don't break any rules with this post.
    I am a hobby collector (collector of many many hobbies). I got the desire to have an original lightsaber of movie prop quality, a few quick searches online later and decided I can't afford a toy like that (now anyway).

The main chasis is constructed from a nickel plated sink pipe. I scrounged the shop for random parts and constructed the red button and glass eye myself.

Attachment 14718

Attachment 14719

IMG_20161221_175951.jpg

IMG_20161221_180015.jpg

Questions:
    1) the shop is out of graflex clamps, is there another source a build alternative anyone knows about?
    2) I need the top emitter clamp, does not come seperate, any builds or sources for this?
    3) the chip (for graflex clamp)is not sold seperatly, same as above?
    4) some of the graflex hilts are shown with a knurled clamp grip, which film is this accurate for? Is this anakins ROTS before ANH? Or is it ESB/TFA, I am hoping to make the ESB/TFA version.
    5)are trades allowed? If so pls Msg me and we might be able to figure out a trade for the above items.

I hope eventually to make a full function saber, but I can't wrap my head around the options yet.

Thanks for any comments
    MTFBWY

Just scanned a few posts , I see a way to replicate the top emitter clamp.

Another question, are the holes for the two brass pins supposed to be round? The ones I made are oval/ oblong.