Thread: Relic of Naboo

Default Relic of Naboo

This is a PVC saber with a Hasbro soundboard meant to look like something made from copper scrap from a ruin of Naboo and hammered into shape. I tried to oxidize it some that it looks worn and a little weathered and aged.

fullsizeoutput_94c.jpgfullsizeoutput_94a.jpgfullsizeoutput_949.jpgfullsizeoutput_94d.jpgfullsizeoutput_948.jpg

This is a neat concept. As a blacksmith, I appreciate the hammered look.

Quite a unique looking saber. Very nice work and the green blade compliments the copper.

Thanks for the feedback, I was teaching myself wiring with the Hasbro board but also wanted to do something I hadn't seen before. PVC allows for a lot of experimentation without much risk.

Very neat saber!How did you get that hammered look?

Blog Entries

I love the originality. I'm not seeing the Naboo connection, but the saber is awesome. Plus, if you craft a great saber, you get to create the backstory. It looks great!

@alcadude Glad you like it! I took a dremel with a sanding drum attachment and sanded down the PVC outer sleeve, touching the drum to just one place over and over again. Then I coated it with black spray paint and then painted over it with copper paint.

@hapki The Naboo connection came from the only place in the galaxy that I noticed oxidized copper was Naboo, so I went with that! Thank you for the nice words!