Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Li'l Billy - A Yule Side Saber

Default Li'l Billy - A Yule Side Saber

Introducing Li'l Billy - A Yule Side Saber

This is pretty a totally custom build with a dash of TCSS love.. The main body is a table leg from Home Depot that I cut, stained, painted and cored out. The emitter shroud is a modified holiday decoration.

This is an Arduino based build, with a custom OS powering a candy cane stripe effect neopixel blade with matching ignition and extinguish effects, and sequentially triggered swing sounds to enable the playing the Jingle Bells tune. The font is YuleSide, a custom font I assembled from public domain sounds including sleigh bells, hand bells, whip cracks, and my own "ho ho ho."

I wanted to get this done by today so I could share it with friends and family, and I managed to get it done on time thanks to timely shipping from TCSS. It could use a kill key, but for now I'll settle for disconnecting the battery between uses. This is by no means a polished build, but it is only meant to be a fun thing for the holiday season after which I'll gut it and use the parts elsewhere.

Brilliant. Totally, unrelentingly and unquestionably awesome! All it needs is an eggnog dispenser and it wouldn get my ever so rare eleven thumbs up!

Ha! Yeah, this is so brilliantly stupid and great! I love it! I thought the bow and holly were enough to put it over the top, but then I watched the video!

Really creative sound font there. I love this kind of thing!

Though I find it a shame to gut it for parts. Keep it as your own Christmas custom! Pull it out every year for a swing around! (ahem...)

Not sure what to say; a clashing of paradigms it is.

That said, wonderfully beautiful in my humble opinion.

Bravo!
    -LR
    “No... no... no... this one goes there, that one goes there, right?” - Han Solo

Fojo = Force mojo. The force sensitive user & their energy state.

That's the most hilarious and unique saber I've seen in a long time. Great job!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Awesome! Very unique ... and appropriately seasonal!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

I'm glad you all enjoy it. I won't be getting rid of it after I gut it, but the electronics have another destiny and I can always refit it next year.

That is magnificent. May the Merry Christmas be with you.

Neat.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Seriously???
    That is AWSOME