Thread: Blade not fitting into blade holder

Default Blade not fitting into blade holder

Ran into an issue with TCSS parts and searching the forums didn't help. I purchased a 1" Thick walled Polycarbonate tube and an MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 1 blade holder. They aren't fitting together even though they measure 1" with the tape measure so some sanding is in order. I should sand down the Tube instead of the blade holder, correct?

All I have for sanding is an old wood file so do I need to get some sandpaper for this? If so what kind?

Thanks.

Sometimes the end of the blade tube flares out when it's cut. A little sanding of the tube should correct that. I use 200-400 grit or so, and it does the job pretty easily. You just want to eliminate the little lip that formed on the end when the blade was cut.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Yes, sand the blade, not the blade holder. Unless if run your finger around the inside of the blade holder and there's a burr or something. i would run masking tape around your blade about an inch and a half to 2 inches from the end so you don't accidentally sand a spot that will be visible once the blade is seated. Also, take a wadded up kleenex or paper towel and insert it in the end of the blade before you start so no dust goes inside. It'll save you hitting yourself later. Just basic sandpaper is all you need. Try like 150 grit to start and then maybe 220 or 400 to smooth it out if you think it needs it. Wrap sandpaper around end of blade and twist blade so you evenly sand all sides at once. And if its a lip like mentioned above just block the hole with paper towel and sand off that lip. i never think of that because I always trim my blades down to 34-36" anyways.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Okay that worked. Thanks again for your help!
    If I do not try, there may be nothing to return to.

I ran into this issue with my MHSV1 blade holder style 2, I couldn't even get the blade in a quarter inch before it jammed & wouldn't moveanymore...I tried sanding down the end of the blade where it had been cut, making sure that the lip made by cutting was gone, but that didn't fix the problem, I ended up having to take a dremel to the inside of the blade holder. I eventually got the blade & plug to seat completely, without catching at all.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts