Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unscrewing Pommel with MPS Insert 6 and Recharge Port

Default Unscrewing Pommel with MPS Insert 6 and Recharge Port

I'm curious how people secure MPS Insert 6 to the pommel, screw in the recharge port, and then screw the pommel onto the main body without twisting up the wires on the recharge port. Then, of course, you run into the same problem when you go to unscrew the pommel.

Is there a way to wait to secure the insert to the pommel AFTER screwing the pommel on or is there some other way this is typically done?
    Last edited by TheCheeker; 12-09-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Blog Entries

The insert should be able to spin while inside the pommel. Before you wire up, try testing using needle nose pliers (or similar) to hold the insert in place while you screw on the pommel.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    The insert should be able to spin while inside the pommel.
    I've always just glued in the insert in the past. I'm guessing the C-clip from the shop is a better solution then?

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's how I've done it.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I never did figure out how to use that darn thing... I'm sure Madcow's got a video out there for it. I'll have to track it down.

I had to borrow some tiny needle nosed pliers from my wife to work the MPS clip. The holes are really tiny.

Blog Entries

I got tired of springing the c clips across the room and then spending the next hour looking for them. I ended up buying the pliers designed specifically for c-clips. It makes like much less frustrating.

I found that when I tried using the C_Clips for the pommel inserts, the inserts are to tightly fit to spin free. Would I need:
    1. widen the aperture that the insert goes into on the pommel?
    2. sand the insert on its "back" and make it thinner so that the C-Clip doesn't hold it quite so tightly?
    3. Sand down the outer edges of the insert so that the circumference is smaller, allowing the insert to spin freely?
    4. Something else completely different that I haven't considered yet?

Also, many thanks Hapki, I had no idea C-Clip pliers existed. Will have to order some... Have tried using needle nose pliers to remove the little monsters with way less than stellar results... Is there a particular size or configuration (straight or 90 degree angle) so that they'll fit in the C-Clamp holes? Any help much appreciated

the easiest thing to do if you need a bit more play is to sand the clip. Do it a little at a time and carefully clean it off so you don't get grit in the slot that will gum it up.