Thread: Graflex saber questions

Default Graflex saber questions

Hello everybody,
    I have been in the scene for quite a while now (about three years) and have built an MHS LED saber that I like to duel with a lot. I have been thinking a lot lately about building a graflex replica saber because it looks cool and is the original saber (if you understand what I'm saying) and so I can duel with friends, but I hear quite frequently that a graflex is very inconvenient to duel with because of the box on the hilt. I also wonder wether a graflex is strong enough to hold a blade while dueling, as it seems that the blade is only kept in place by the bunny ears ring. Is that right?
    Thanks in advance for your time,

C.M.3.003

Blog Entries

The blades are usually held in with a blade holder adapter. I have a Graflex and personally feel that it is not something I would want to duel with. The box and the grips make it too bulky in my opinion. Although, I've heard others say they don't mind it. I believe the only way you'll really know is once you get it in your hands.

As a side note, I think anyone that duels with a vintage Graflex is out of their mind.
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 12-08-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I personally wouldn't duel with a graflex saber because, well, it's a graflex flash and it's old and very valuable. I would duel with one made from a replica graflex flash or one of the graflex kits, however, because A. it's not a real graflex flash, and B. I honestly don't feel like the box gets in the way at all. I have two graflex hilts (ANH and ESB) that I made, both are static props, but I hold them all the time because they're so cool. I find the grips are a little bulky, but not uncomfortable, and so long as you hold the hilt above the box, it shouldn't get in your way. On a side note, I think that the ESB hilt is the best for dueling because you can anchor the two red buttons right against your hand making spins and swings very easy. All of this, of course, is based off of a static hilt with no blade. Ultimately you won't know how it feels until you hold it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply! But I did not mean a vintage graflex, I meant the replica's they sell here on TCSS. I know the only way to really know what a saber feels like in your hand is when you have it in your hand, but I intend to find out as much as I can online before I order anything because shipping and import costs play a large role for me (I don't live in the US).

Thanks for the answers! Did you buy your replica's here or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by C.M.3.003 View Post
    Thanks for your reply! But I did not mean a vintage graflex, I meant the replica's they sell here on TCSS.
    Oh, well then I'd duel with it.