Thread: Help with starkiller shroud designing please

Default Help with starkiller shroud designing please

So im looking for opinions on this design idea. My starkiller build is consisting of Blade holder 2, 3.7 extension (didn't wanna try and line up screw holes on the v groove or ribbed so I went solid), 6 inch double female and pommel 1. Shroud for the top is about 6 inches long and the bottom grip shroud is about 5 inches long. My goal is to have a chassis which is attached to the top portion and the bottom 6.7 inches of the hilt will be removable. I have cut and shaped both top and bottom sections and have so far fastened some 1/4 inch steel bars to the bottom shroud with 6-32 screws but am somewhat reluctant to go further and drill through the hilt piece and pommel without asking for some opinions. Should I just use the shroud as a guide for pilot holes on the hilt piece and then tap through the shroud so it lines up? Or should I have done something completely different? Here's a couple pictures to show where I'm at so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

LOVE seeing Starkiller builds & yours build is VERY similar to my own (feel free to check out my WIP thread which is linked in my signature), I did my crystal chamber window a little differently & I have a different pommel, but the rest is almost exactly the same.

When I get ready to drill the holes for my button head screws & other greebage, I plan to use the shroud as my guide as it's a little cheaper to replace if I screw it up. I will probably use one of my graflex thumbscrews as an anchor to hold the shroud in place while I drill & tap the rest.

Good luck on your build, I look forward to seeing more progress!

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts