Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anakin Rots conversion

Default anakin Rots conversion

hey i kno this is a very nooby question put could someone tell me wat u do in an conversion like a tutorial

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...wtopic.php?t=5

It's right there. While not "complete" you should be able to get what is needed. Look at the Vader wiring... it's the same. Then you cut the plastic part to fit the holder. Reinsert it in reverse of the taking it apart.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

BSman:

My first flames...

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

I was wondering about the Anakin ROTS sabers that have the DIN plugs. Which wires hook up to + and which wires hook up to -. It is different than the tutorial, and I was wondering what people were doing with this version. So far every way I wire it I can get sound but no light. From the clash sensor/DIN plug combo there is a brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple wire.

I am just going to leave the combo together instead of trying to get it apart and tear it up in the process. Could someone guide me in the right direction on this?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i would think that you just plug the DIN together and crap it into the hilt. it doesn't change the way the wires work, just the way their set up. i don't know if this is right, but i would think that you just plug it together and then act like it is all just wire, and follow the original instructions
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

i guess I can't picture what your saying. the rots one should wire just like the vader.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Sith Lord

who, me?
    all i'm saying is plug together the DIN plug, shove it into the hilt, and forget about it. just wire it from there like you normally would.

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Vortex, there are some Anakin sabers that had these quick removal DIN plugs. They are very different than what the tutorials show.

Maul, I have tried wiring it up multiple ways to no avail. There must be some different wire layout coming from the DIN plug. Some of the wires must not be color coded the same between different saber models.

I don't know, but I do know that this is starting to frustrate the snot out of me.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

so you tried just doing it with the color like they are for the normal conversion??
    strange. well, you know that the shock sensor goes to positive so just try it with each of the others, and by process of elimination you will get it right. hmm, i wonder if that might fry the board, cause that's definently not good

Well I just got it to work. The brown wire from the DIN plug goes to the positive on the LED. All the other wires go to the negative. Only thing wierd now is that the blade is flickering when it senses a clash. Not that it is all that bad of an effect. I just don't think it is suppose to do that. Oh well. It is at least lighting up the LED now.