Thread: Attaching a NBv3 to a MWS Speak/2xAA Battery Holder

Default Attaching a NBv3 to a MWS Speak/2xAA Battery Holder

I'm having trouble coming up with ideas and ways that work does anyone have any ideas?

Blog Entries

Never used that holder, but I would guess double sided foam tape might work.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Whatever you end up doing, make sure you insulate the board electrically.

You probably know that attaching the board to this battery holder is not at all an ideal setup; there are other chassis options for the board in the store that will keep your board perfectly secure without having to improvise a board attachment solution.

I don't mean that it cant be done or hasn't been done or shouldn't necessarily be done. But maybe there's a better solution that we can suggest.
    Can you please tell us why piggy-backing the board onto the batter holder is necessary since it's not ideal? I would hate for you to make work for yourself only to have the board in a precarious position in the hilt and have something go wrong later. Whether or not you end up piggy-backing the board, give us the chance to help you find a solution that really works best for your build. We're here to help.

That being said, you COULD use double-sided foam tape to adhere the board to the battery holder. Then glue a thin, double-sided Velcro strap to the battery holder on the side opposite the board. Wrap the ends around the 2x AA so that they meet over the board. Make sure that whatever part of the Velcro strap touches the board is heat-shrinked, to avoid static discharge (fried board danger). The dangers with this approach include inadequately heat-sinking the board components, which need room to "breathe" and release heat as well as potential static build-up on the Velcro. But it can be done.
    Last edited by Whi-ja; 12-04-2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo
    So certain are you; always with you it cannot be done.
    Hear you nothing that I say?

http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...deTutorial.pdf
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...Hardware-Saber
    ---------------------