Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tri LED Colour Question (Lime Green)

Default Tri LED Colour Question (Lime Green)

Hi good people,

So I have a lovely MHS NB2 based saber built from parts from the TCSS shop with a single lime green LED.

Like it = yep sure but now considering an upgrade to get it not only brighter but also a bit more on a paler green than the yellowy lime and with a white flash of clash.

Does anyone have a guide or comparison pic on a Green/Lime-Green pair of LEDs in comparison to Green/Green?

Knowing nothing about colour mixing and not really keen on an RGB style upgrade hoping that a Green/Lime-Green will make a lighter than Green/Green combo but greener than lime and definitely looking for brighter than the current single lime LED... Love your input and advice.
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

I think the green would 'drown' out the lime green and any alternative to a single lime will involve colour mixing with resistors. The RGB would be the best option, potentially allowing you to mix any shade you want. Madcow has a video of how to do it, definitely worth a look. It's pretty straight forward.

Greenie

Because of the way your eyes work, you are more sensitive to certain wavelengths. Even if the green isn't as intense as the lime in a mathematical sense, it will likely seem less bright.

So, +1 to Greenie's RGB option. It's almost certainly the thing you are really looking for, and your best option for what you are after with an NB2.

Thank you for the replies (thought it couldn't be that easy) forgetting the Lime for a minute I do have another question, how would a Green/White combo come up?

Would it make a paler brighter green than 2 green LEDs or would I loose the green altogether?
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

White tends to wash out other colours. Using a resistor on the white will reduce its brightness but mixed with another colour, will give you a paler version of that colour. As for overall brightness, it really comes down to your own perception of light. You cannot get a true representation of brightness from a photo.

Here's a video Jakesoft posted a while back comparing standard green to lime, he also shows it in comparison to a mixed (rgb) lime.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOIc_2FNt8E

Thank you Greenie & jbkuma, learned a lot!

Actually just also thought about it, the NB2 needs a power extender for FOC to work anyway right?

I think maybe the lime could really be a nice FOC colour for a green saber.

Off to the drawing board!

Keep in mind the FOC is additive, the lime may not do much to change the color.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Keep in mind the FOC is additive, the lime may not do much to change the color.
    Thank you for this jbkuma! Re Flash on Clash I assumed that with a Nano Biscotti when the FOC is activated the other 2 LEDs turn off... Is that correct OR traditionally does it mean all LEDs are active during the Flash part?

Blog Entries

FOC is added to the main color.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末