Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sentient - a Light Side PRIZM saber

Beautiful work, DM! If I may ask, which cutter are you using? I picked up a Silhouette Portrait a while back and, while impressive, I don't get the tiny detail I really want.

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    Beautiful work, DM! If I may ask, which cutter are you using? I picked up a Silhouette Portrait a while back and, while impressive, I don't get the tiny detail I really want.
    I use a Silhoutte Portrait =) I don't use the vinyl from the pack though, I use mylar instead. It can cut pretty darn small, but the vinyl is too fragile when you go to weed out your design.
    The mylar holds up though, it's fantastic.

Blog Entries

Nice work dude.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I dig it very nice work. I like the design over all. The etching is well done. I'm usually a plain Jane sort when it comes to hilts, but this one definitely has a lot of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    I use a Silhoutte Portrait =) I don't use the vinyl from the pack though, I use mylar instead. It can cut pretty darn small, but the vinyl is too fragile when you go to weed out your design.
    The mylar holds up though, it's fantastic.
    Thank for sharing your etching techniques. Much appreciated. What thickness of mylar sheet do you use?

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

ARKM I will check the big roll at work today, I get it from there. There's a big box in front of the giant cutter with scraps, some of which are a foot or 2 long hehe.

Nice. Thanks.

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I like the anti-vandal switch; a design I haven't seen yet. Well executed!

Thanks Ris Liam!
    ARKM the box containing the roll says it's .007 thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    Thanks Ris Liam!
    ARKM the box containing the roll says it's .007 thickness.
    Many thanks.