Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sentient - a Light Side PRIZM saber

Anytime man. If your avatar is current you're in Oregon. Im just north of you in the seattle area.
    Could always send you a sample.

That would be most gracious of you. Thanks. Pm incoming.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Utterly gorgeous saber, have you considered putting a crystal chamber inside this one to make it perfect inside to match the outside?
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

I think a big advantage of the mylar in some instances would be that it doesn't stretch. In one of my recent efforts my etch came out beautifully, except in one line where the adhesive gave away slightly to the pull of the stretched vinyl. I'll be more careful about stretching in the future.
    Last edited by jbkuma; 12-28-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    I use a Silhoutte Portrait =) I don't use the vinyl from the pack though, I use mylar instead. It can cut pretty darn small, but the vinyl is too fragile when you go to weed out your design.
    The mylar holds up though, it's fantastic.
    So the mylar that you use is adhesive-backed?
    I suppose this is something that would have to be bought wholesale, since mylar is so cheap...
    I think I've found something that would work, but would you be wiling to link a suitable vendor, if you know one??

Thanks,
    Firestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm1964 View Post
    So the mylar that you use is adhesive-backed?
    I suppose this is something that would have to be bought wholesale, since mylar is so cheap...
    I think I've found something that would work, but would you be wiling to link a suitable vendor, if you know one??

Thanks,
    Firestorm
    Hi Firestorm. I actually use mylar from work, out of the scraps and bad cuts box. It is adhesive backed in clear, while the stuff itself is green. Even the leftovers are more than enough for my small stencils. When I go back to work next week ( yay vacation! ) I'll have a look at the box it comes in, get some info =)

-Darkmatter73

Holy mojitos,Thats alot of etching! Great job man!