Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sentient - a Light Side PRIZM saber

Default Sentient - a Light Side PRIZM saber

Hi all.
    I could subtitle this " My vinyl cutter hates me now" lol.
    So I decided to make a Light side saber, and depart from my usual weathering and such. But not from the etching, as you can see. Every single part, minus the choke, has some etching on it. I only polished and painted the choke, it got off easy.

I used the base pattern from my saber Havok's Ember, and modified it for this build and these parts. After etching I went over the whole saber with Mother's alu polish. I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and build a shiny saber.
    Inside it's got:
    PRIZM 4.0
    3.7v 3600 mah
    Tri-cree RGrB
    JQ sabers red ring switch, wired to accent pad 1, for customization
    black aux switch
    recharge port and kill key
    a 3d printed PRIZM chassis from GOTH3Designs
    bass speaker

Here goes. Like it? Hate it? Please let me know, and thanks for looking.
    -Darkmatter73

I can appreciate the work that went into that saber. I can see why your vinyl cutter would hate you. It's a little busy for my taste, and I might've tried to get the etching lines on the activation box to match up with the lines on the saber itself. But all in all, it looks like a fine saber.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Nice work.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oh wow! You are a busy man. I love that saber (not just cos it's shiny). The etching is just impeccable. I think I need to buy me a vinyl cutter. Awesome job as always Darkmatter.

Greenie

I love the color scheme. The etching is so detailed and crisp. Good job.

Thanks very much guys.
    @SS - yeah that was the original plan, to have all the etching meet like that.
    I realized that if I was off even a speck, it wouldn't work. Plus that control box was a pain in the motivator to mask lol.
    @FJK - thanks, I've been here awhile and this is the first saber of mine you've ever commented on, so thank you
    @rlobrecht - I appreciate that, been pushing the limits of my cutter, I'll back it off a bit after this hehe
    Last edited by Darkmatter73; 11-14-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Blog Entries

That etching is very clear. Nice work!

Awesome saber. Very cool etching.

Dang! You obviously put a lot of work into this saber, so congrats on bringing it to life!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

It's a beautiful saber - a bit busy to my taste. I see it as etching for etching's sake - albeit excellently done - as the circuit pathways feel more decorative to me than functional. More like hieroglyphics... it's supposed to "mean" something, not "do" something. And yes, I'm a little jealous because I can't "do" that.