Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sentient - a Light Side PRIZM saber

Nice! Your vinyl cutter would hate you more if it found out you are taking its hard work and dipping it in acid and then ripping it off and throwing it away.

Very nice etching.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Oh wow! You are a busy man. I love that saber (not just cos it's shiny). The etching is just impeccable. I think I need to buy me a vinyl cutter. Awesome job as always Darkmatter.

Greenie
    Thanks Greenie. Now you must teach me your internals-fu! Chassis-fu?

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    Nice! Your vinyl cutter would hate you more if it found out you are taking its hard work and dipping it in acid and then ripping it off and throwing it away.
    I keep it placated with sacrifices often. For every stencil it cuts well, it eats 3 lol.

Very cool!I wish I could make something so magnificent
    What kind of etching did you use??

That is so crisp it looks more like engraving

Quote Originally Posted by alcadude View Post
    Very cool!I wish I could make something so magnificent
    What kind of etching did you use??
    I got me a vinyl cutter, and used ARKM's saltwater etching tutorial and ran with it.

Amazing job on the etching!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    I got me a vinyl cutter, and used ARKM's saltwater etching tutorial and ran with it.
    That is good to hear. I bought me a die cutter (KNK Zing Air) a few months ago but have been too busy to take it out of the frikkin' box.
    Last edited by ARKM; 11-20-2016 at 01:39 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."