Thread: CF8 inside of a ribbed section?

Default CF8 inside of a ribbed section?

Wondering if anyone has modified NB 1.15 chassis discs to hold a CF or PC inside of a ribbed section? Contemplating pulling the PC2.0 out of my saber and using it on a build for a friend, then upgrading to a CF8 in my own. Its a tight build with a 14500 7.4 crammed in the pommel/gear section, and the PC2.0 has been in the ribbed/grooved section. I built this before chassis discs, and the board is inside of a piece of plastic that fit the area made out of a piece of a batting tee that I salvaged. Its kind of a hack job of mounting, but I kind of figured one might be able to modify the NB 1.15 discs to hold one of the larger boards.

A CFv8 is 51.4x23.5x7.5 mm. It should fit inside a ribbed section, but I think you'll only have a couple of mm to spare on each side.

In my attempts to modify the chassis discs in the store, I found them to be pretty brittle, and broke a few before I got what I wanted. I wasn't trying to do what you are.

Yeah, I've had to buzz out NB discs to get them to fit the way I wanted before, but haven't ever got real close to the edges. This may require another makeshift source again. Wondering if I threw away the rest of that batting tee or not.