Thread: midgrade blade what parts do i need

Default midgrade blade what parts do i need

hello i have a stupid question
    i wand to buy parts for a nice locking blade put i am confused whit al the part it has
    sa i ask what do i need, the blad is not for duel, it need to be bright

i think its this
    2.1" Thin walled Polycarbonate
    2.Clear bullet 1" thin walled blade tip
    3.Blade film
    and then what is next this, 1" Thin walled Trans White PolyC or this LED blade diffuser for 1" thin walled blades

thanx

The Trans White is a white blade not something that goes inside another blade. It is simply a opaque white blade as opposed to the clear polycarbonate of the first blade listed.

You likely don't need both a diffuser and blade film. But if you are buying the diffuser buy it at the same time as your polycarbonate blade tube. This way it can be shipped inside the polycarb blade and be protected from damage in shipping.

I believe the blade film is the same stuff that is used in the Corbin blades in the store. You would either use the blade film or the diffuser not both. (Someone correct me if I am wrong -- I have one blade of each and don't see how you would see the film inside the diffuser.)

I have one of each the blade film makes the "core" of the blade light up the diffuser makes it look like the whole blade is lit up. The core effect probably won't be as pronounced in a thin walled blade as it would in a thick walled "dueling" blade.

One issue that some people have a problem with in the blade film that there is a visible line up close where the edge of the film is along the blade and you can also see the inside edge as well. To me it isn't that big of a deal since most people looking at it are at a distance and won't be able to see it, but up close it is noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzan View Post
    The Trans White is a white blade not something that goes inside another blade. It is simply a opaque white blade as opposed to the clear polycarbonate of the first blade listed.

You likely don't need both a diffuser and blade film. But if you are buying the diffuser buy it at the same time as your polycarbonate blade tube. This way it can be shipped inside the polycarb blade and be protected from damage in shipping.

I believe the blade film is the same stuff that is used in the Corbin blades in the store. You would either use the blade film or the diffuser not both. (Someone correct me if I am wrong -- I have one blade of each and don't see how you would see the film inside the diffuser.)

I have one of each the blade film makes the "core" of the blade light up the diffuser makes it look like the whole blade is lit up. The core effect probably won't be as pronounced in a thin walled blade as it would in a thick walled "dueling" blade.

One issue that some people have a problem with in the blade film that there is a visible line up close where the edge of the film is along the blade and you can also see the inside edge as well. To me it isn't that big of a deal since most people looking at it are at a distance and won't be able to see it, but up close it is noticeable.
    thanx for answering so what is best to ues ?

What I would suggest is go to the store and compare the pictures of the Corbin Style Show Blade and the TCSS style show blade in the complete blades section. The Corbin style uses the blade film the TCSS uses the diffuser. It really comes down to a personal preference. They both look good, it just depends on what look you want.

The show blades are the thin walled blades, the battle blades are the thick walled polycarbonate.

It's also worth checking out this thread: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rison-Pictures

It's an old one but does a good job comparing different diffusers. Personally, I use Corbin's film (available in the store) with about 6 feet of clear polypropylene inside it (not available in the store).

thanx guy's good information