Thread: diagnosing an isssue with a CF 8

Default diagnosing an isssue with a CF 8

So I recently acquired a CF 8, prewired, with a CEX on a shapeways chassis and an 18650 battery.
    After having charged it, when I scrolled through the fonts (via the AUX switch) I was able to move through the selection just fine. The saber boots when the kill key is removed, and two of the three dice work when its activated. Though I've not checked the third channel yet.
    My issue is when the board is active, and I press the AUX button for the blaster block, or blade lockup, it turns off the board.
    Its an odd issue for me. As the wiring is very neat, well organized, and so far as I can tell done in such a way that everything should work.
    If anyone has a clue or any ideas I'm all ears.
    thanks

It is pretty hard to know what the problem is without pics.But it could have something to do with the battery connection,led wiring, or resistor wiring.

Well the pics would not be a bad idea. However the board and the cex are currently mounted in the shapeways chassis as mentioned above. If the AUX works to scroll through the fonts, that leads me to think that it is something in the software. Perhaps a faulty file. As of now I've gone through the manual and have not seen anything suggesting you can disable the blaster block feature. Unless I'm overlooking it. I've done that before
    I've not had time the last couple days to do more work. So I think I will start fresh and format the SD, and load it back up. Perhaps the issue is there.
    Again any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Hi
    Went through the board stem to stern. Wiped the SD reloaded it. Used a different battery fully charged, new RC port, double checked the connections for the RICE port, double triple checked the wiring for the CEX. Test ran all that I could with the multi meter. Decided to rewire it completely. Just in case something was missed.......
    I forgot to mention in the beginning post that 30g wire was used. Though it was neat and very well done, some of the insulation had exposed the wires during the process of heating and twisting the wires for a cleaner look. A couple of them made contact in the twisted bundle that could not be seen with the naked eye, or with the magnifying glass. That's nothing on the previous installer, it just happens
    So now I have the board working completely and have a color mixed LED (RBW) with white FOC. Pretty cool I think.
    Thought an update would be appreciated.
    Thanks for the help

Good to know!Its always good when you get a soundboard up and running!