Thread: PC VS Prizm

Default PC VS Prizm

So it seems like the Prizm is a PC- but moved for single battery cell- and has a bunch of "additional" features the PC does not have. So I'm wondering.......is there a huge difference... hoping someone who has used both (and modded the PC for single cell use- which i would need to do) can chime in here on benefits of one over the other- or if its more of a toss up.

Blog Entries

I've never used the PC but there is this comparison table that Erv has put together. http://plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc/Com...ter_boards.php

What additional features does the Prizm have over the PC? I always considered the PC a step above the Prizm.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Yes but there is a 10 dollar price difference and you have to hack the pc for color changing,so to color change properly you would need a color xtender which is 60 dollars
    Last edited by alcadude; 11-02-2016 at 09:18 AM.

yes- yes....... let it flow through you...

Sorry...um- yeah.
    Yeah- this is the discussion i was hoping would happen. I had seen that list- on the Plector lab site.... was just looking for some more- real world feedback.

I personally have the prizm and I really like it.It has all the features I need at a moderate price.

It really depends on your priorities, but I prefer the Prizm over the pc. It can fit into smaller builds without modification due to the single cell operation, and has color mixing built in vs an auxiliary board. The wiring is also a bit easier if you consider the same features between the two boards. The price doesn't hurt either.

Reason you might want the PC over the prizm us really about brightness and consistency. The color extender allows you to overdrive the leds (to a point) and get more accurate and consistent blade colors. Since it has a higher voltage requirement, the cex provides a constant current for the leds, meaning the color won't shift as the battery dies. Same goes for the volume.

Since we have the prizm, hacking a pc no longer makes any sense.

PC doesn't need resistors, Prism does.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    PC doesn't need resistors, Prism does.
    Incorrect. THe main channel does NOT need the resistor, the others probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by alcadude View Post
    Yes but there is a 10 dollar price difference and you have to hack the pc for color changing,so to color change properly you would need a color xtender which is 60 dollars
    Incorrect. You don't need to hack to do color changing, the hack allows you to use a 3.7V battery, and the CeX isn't "required", it just help in certain circumstances (when using a 7.4V battery).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com