Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Basic Saber with LED and Nano Biscotti V3 Soundboard First Build

Sadly no, the U.S. Postal Service is still being cranky about such things.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I think I've found what the problem was. It's a silly one. Basically, I detached the LED from the biscotti to double check that it wasn't the battery. It wasn't, because the light was working when I touched the positive and negative ends to the corresponding ones on the battery. However, when I put it into the battery holder, and touched the ends to the corresponding ones, it didn't work. Turns out, the positive end of the battery was not in contact with the positive end of the battery holder. So now I just need to figure out a way to get them in contact with one another. Any suggestions? Maybe I could put a blob of solder onto the battery holder to make contact?

Look at the space between the battery and the holder:

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Also, I really messed up this biscotti trying to fix the problem this thread is about. Is this still usable now that I've found what the real problem was or should I get some solder wick and then try to wire it up again?

Evidence of its condition:

IMG_3240.jpgIMG_3239.jpg

Yes you could try building up the contact point on the battery holder.

Most definitely need to get some solder wick and clean all that solder off from both sides. As long as you didn't short out the board it should still work. Also just a little pointer...your using to much solder...as the old adage go's...practice makes perfect. On the second photo you have solder making contact with the pad next to it....that could also have been your problem.
    Last edited by PhoenixHawk; 11-02-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Alright cool, thanks for the tips. The solder connecting the two pads was a result of me trying to fix the original problem sadly, so I made it worse by trying to fix it somehow .