Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MR FX Sabers vs. LED Sabers from TCSS

Council Member
    Sith Lord

the blade doesn't need batteries, the led does
    you can buy them at any store
    the blade on a mhs is twice as strong as a MR and there is nothing in it to break so you will never have dark splotches
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by Slent Thndr
    I mean, what if I was to buy a brand new saber from TCSS using the MHS Builder tutorial thing? Would it be a lot better than my MR?

Would I be better off building my own with the parts, separate from the MHR builder? With that builder, are there things I need to do to make sure it will have the right parts in it? (e.g. make sure it has enough segments?)
    By MHR, you mean MHS, rite?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Default questions...

if you were doing a mhs hilt, what color would you want your blade to be? the mhs parts you need to understand are simply the body of your hilt and you will need to buy electronics to put in the hilt to have a lighted blade.
    red
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...kit-3wred.aspx
    blue
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...oyal-blue.aspx
    green
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...t-5wgreen.aspx
    if you want to have sound and be able to change your blade color easily or would like to go for a purple blade then your best bet is to go with a white k2, a luke mr board, and either tims color disks or email lee filters for their free swatchbook which has enough fun color slips to keep you busy for weeks
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...tar-white.aspx
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...nd-module.aspx
    any of these setups require optics and holders. i personally like to use 5 degree optics. remember that if you go with a k2 it uses a different optics holder.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...ing-angle.aspx
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...ns-holder.aspx
    that should be all the info you need to decide which direction you want to go with your saber project. once you get parts ordered check the tutorials for any wiring questions you may have. with a few hours and a little patience you'll be ready to enjoy your first led saber

You do also realize that YOU assemble the sabers from this site, right? It has all the parts to make sabers that are better quality than the MR's, but there is assembly required...
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Default mhs saber

i held his hand thru the electronics choices dan, someone else can teach him how to wire it up... ive done my good deed for the day

Quote Originally Posted by elrond.406
    By MHR, you mean MHS, rite?
    Yes, whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    the blade doesn't need batteries, the led does
    you can buy them at any store
    the blade on a mhs is twice as strong as a MR and there is nothing in it to break so you will never have dark splotches
    Oh... so it comes with a tray for normal AAs then? I had assumed it would require a rechargeable pack.

Hmm… the MHS builder let me pick what type of LED I wanted with it. Therefore I don’t understand your comment that I have to buy them separately. Am I misunderstanding something?

You mention that it’s necessary for me to build the saber even if I order all the necessary parts with the MHS builder. How hard is that? Is it simply screwing things together and such? Or does it entail a ton of soldering and drilling and such?
    May the Force be with You,
    Slent Thndr

Council Member
    Sith Lord

you buy the parts here. you assemble it at your house. it will require a little bit of soldering and then ya just screw it all together
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

no you don't have to use rechargeable batt pack. you can use rechargable batteries and put them in a holder, (or reg batteries) which does not come with the mhs, I think one comes with the basic electronics package though.

for drilling, tim can do all that for a fee if you don't get a hilt section with a hole already pre drilled

BLUE 3- Ready

What do I need a hole pre-drilled for? The on-off button or something? Btw will a blade from MHS come with that button?

The hole you refur to... is it the one refured to in the MHS builder when at the end it gives the option of "Add thumbscrew + drill/tap hole for $10?"

So basicly, if i order a saber from the MHS bulder, I will get all the pieces I need to build the entire saber (minus normal batteries of course)? How many hours worth of work do you think the assembly would be?

Once again, thanks guys.
    May the Force be with You,
    Slent Thndr

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slent Thndr
    What do I need a hole pre-drilled for? The on-off button or something? Btw will a blade from MHS come with that button?

The hole you refur to... is it the one refured to in the MHS builder when at the end it gives the option of "Add thumbscrew + drill/tap hole for $10?"

So basicly, if i order a saber from the MHS bulder, I will get all the pieces I need to build the entire saber (minus normal batteries of course)? How many hours worth of work do you think the assembly would be?

Once again, thanks guys.
    well only 4 of the hilt pieces come with switch holes, if you are goin to use any other pieces then you need him to drill a hole switch. the thumbscrew is another option. if you don't do the thumbscrew option you will need to order an thumbscrew. maybe an hour or so with the soldering and makeing sure things are done right. Are you getting an soundboard or just wireing direct?

BLUE 3- Ready