Thread: Blaster from MR Luke ANH hilt.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Blaster from MR Luke ANH hilt.

Using stuff I had laying around. A Ruger 10-22 stock, an MR ANH Luke hilt, and an old crappy scope that doesn't hold its zero anymore. I cut the scope down about 4 inches from what it used to be and am going to mount it backwards.

And cut down, sanded, and ready to stain

Thinking maybe some sort of knuckle guard instead of a trigger guard?

Here is the stock after one coat of yellow. What I used was about 3 tbsp of rubbing alcohol and 10 drops of yellow food coloring. Apply with a folded cloth until all liquid is gone.

Then a coat of green, same method. Let it dry after the yellow then apply all the green. I put a coat on, let it dry in front of a fan for a minute or two and then added more until all liquid was gone. This pic is after one coat of green.

For the internals, I found an old Luxeon LED out of an early Ultrasaber.

It didnt have a heatsick so I added an aluminum covertech clip with some thermal grease and hot glue.

Attached that to a length of lightsaber day blade with a cellophane wrap inside and an extra LED focusing lens as an endcap

Decided to go a different way with the scope. Using this dead vaporizer with a lens from the small scope attached instead of the endcap. Then I'll run a braided cable out the back and into the receiver.

Here is where I am at so far.

The stock still looks rather green. To finish I am adding coats of Old English until it's as dark as I want it. Then multiple coats of Tung Oil. This protects and adds back all the oils to the wood that you dried up with the rubbing alcohol. After a few layers you get all kinds of iridescence. The lighter parts will have a reflective gold color from the yellow, then greens and browns depending on the grain patterns.

As soon as the stock is done i just need to add the momentary switch and the trigger assembly and paint the white parts black. Then add a small battery pack and a lower plate to cover the internals and maybe do a blackwash as the barrel has some scratches that I might as well accentuate. My armor is going to be rather weathered so I figure it should sorta match. Think instead of a holster I am just going to add a covertech knob to the left side of the barrel and put a clip on my belt. i'd like to make a drop leg holster for it, but sounds like a lot of work.
    Last edited by darthdan; 11-01-2016 at 09:40 PM.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."