Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ganomatis - a reveal build

Default Ganomatis - a reveal build

Hi all its been a while since I posted a saber. So here is Ganomatis. Its a scratch build with electronics from the TCSS. It has a theme of being a saber that was maybe found or given to someone and they repurposed it as their own. They have taken it apart and reassembling it leaving some parts exposed like the emitter and pommel section. The person maybe hasn't quite got it working right and likes to make constant changes and tweaks so they have it to where they can get to the internals on the fly and make adjustments at a moments notice. Its mostly aluminum and brass with flat black and black chrome powdercoat and has some acid etching on the exterior. Also the crystal chamber has a removeable crystal. The retainer for the chamber also has a switch that is connected to the new tangible font selection feature on the CF8. Also I placed a secondary aux switch in the core section for use when 'repairing' the saber sound fonts crystalline workshop and calibrate and have a demo in the video below.Thank you and criticism always welcome.

Specs:
    CF8 w CEX
    triCree xpe2 RGrB
    2w Bass Speaker
    PLI in box
    14500 7.4pack 1040mah
    internal RC and RICE port
    stock fonts -shoto, youngling +crystalline workshop, calibrate
    secondary hidden aux switch
    shine through blade retention screws
    tools

pics:

Oh my...that's a lovely saber. I particularly enjoy all those teeny tiny little rods. So much detail packed into a small package.

Edit: Just watched the video. That reveal method is amazing! It's simple, durable, and you don't have to worry about losing parts! I may have to "borrow" that method one day.
    Last edited by Silver Serpent; 10-30-2016 at 06:39 PM.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

This is utterly magnificent. It is truly a work of art. I love the brass rod that runs the length of the hilt. Excellent job!!
    Last edited by Renaissance Jedi; 11-01-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Nice work!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Man, there have been some really great sabers coming out lately and this is definitely at the top of the list for me. What a fantastic job. You should be very proud.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Oh my...that's a lovely saber. I particularly enjoy all those teeny tiny little rods. So much detail packed into a small package.

Edit: Just watched the video. That reveal method is amazing! It's simple, durable, and you don't have to worry about losing parts! I may have to "borrow" that method one day.
    I saw it once long ago I don't even remember who or what saber it was or I would give credit. The reveal section was much smaller about a tenth as big. I just made it be almost the entire hilt. I just don't want to falsely claim to be the pioneer of that method of reveal. Thank you all the same though!

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Man, there have been some really great sabers coming out lately and this is definitely at the top of the list for me. What a fantastic job. You should be very proud.

Couldn't agree more. I've noticed a major uptick in higher end builds lately. Some incredible work coming out now.

That's Amazing,
    not sure whether I'm inspired or deflated, that truly is some awesome work.....

Quote Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
    That's Amazing,
    not sure whether I'm inspired or deflated, that truly is some awesome work.....
    Always inspired. Onward and Upward! I always say.

Just incredible man! Blows me out the water. absolutely love that reveal.
    (More inspiration)
    Last edited by Greenie; 10-31-2016 at 01:06 AM.

I...I...there are just no words...

I absolutely LOVE that the tools actually "work" that alone sets this saber on a pedestal far above anything else I've seen (no offense Greenie). The customer you made this for is definitely getting an amazing piece of art.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts