Thread: General positioning inside of chassis

Default General positioning inside of chassis

So, I completed my first blade the other day- 12 inches, Nb, tri Cree rb/rb/w- switch and recharge port in the handle (iridium blue). It was a huge learning curve and the Nb, and battery are in the bottom of the handle- ribbed blue section just above the speaker. I did a second one, no pics posted yet, but it's even a little shorter. 11 inch, and the battery- Nb and speaker are in a similar position. Recharge in the handle.... Painful.... But anyhow, very similar setup. I feel like though this one has "less" sensitivity, and seems to act better if I hold it "inverted". So a couple questions....
    What are average saber lengths? Does it matter what direction the board is facing... SD access up or down? Is this purely a positioning issue, or settings easily fix this? I would imagine I'm not the only one who puts the card and battery via chassis disks in the bottom part of the saber along with the speaker I haven't started messing with the variables on the sd card yet. I wanted to see what sort of feedback I got here first. Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

You're in the average length department. 10-12 is pretty common. The orientation of the board, card up or card down, does not factor in. It's in a tube that gets swung around so the orientation changes anyway. Every saber is unique and sensitivity will vary from build to build. You will need to read the NB manual for direction and adjust the sensitivities to your preferences.

Oh, and toward one end or the other of the saber is correct. Most position the board toward the pommel as you have described. It becomes less sensitive the closer it gets to where you hold the saber.
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 10-23-2016 at 08:26 AM.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

DC is right there, the further away from centre the better the motion sensitivity.
    That being said, as you can see in my latest saber, the board ended up bang in the middle but with a couple of minor tweaks in the configuration files she swings just fine

thanks guys..... i thought maybe for a min- i missed the note- and was supposed to be putting the sound card in the choke or something. I just measured- and the NB looks like it "could" fit in at least a couple chokes i have handy. Not sure if any of the other cards could... or if its wise to put it in the choke. maybe i will try that on a future build. I will mess with the settings on the cards as a next step though. Hopefully i can do so on a mac- most of the screen shots I've seen are from PC's. Here is a pic of the unfinished saber I'm working on, but needed to get functional for a halloween costume.
    IMG_4506.jpg

I agree with darth_chasm and Greenie. Try tweaking your configuration file before reworking the placement of your board in the hilt. On my last two builds with the Nano-Biscotte v3, I found the default swing sensitivity to be rather lacking in my build. I really had to swing the saber to get a swing sound. After a few tweaks to the config file, I find swings now register when I want them to.
    Last edited by grAfLEX25; 10-23-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by grAfLEX25 View Post
    I agree with darth_chasm and Greenie. Try tweaking your configuration file before reworking the placement of your board in the hilt. On my last two builds with the Nano-Biscotte v3, I found the default swing sensitivity to be rather lacking in my build. I really had to swing the saber to get a swing sound. After a few tweaks to the config file, I find swings now register when I want them to.
    Just curious as i will not get to this for a few days- but mac or PC? Does it matter? It refers to a lot of things in windows- windows notepad- etc..... (Based on reading the documentation).
    Last edited by Avidgrant; 10-23-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Blog Entries

It's a simple plain text file so you'll be fine on Mac with Text Edit.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

thank you for that information!