Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Long Neck and Jagged Shroud PVC hilts

Default The Long Neck and Jagged Shroud PVC hilts

These are a few of the hilts I have been working on lately. I went on a wooden looking shroud kick for a while and decided to do some dark steel colored hilts to mix it up for the last few weeks.
    Jagged Shroud
    Jagged shroud 1.jpg
    jagged shroud 2.jpg
    Jagged shroud 3.jpg
    Jagged shroud 4.jpg
    Long Neck
    Long neck 1.jpg
    Long neck 3.jpg
    Long neck 4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

They look fantastic. That steel finish is very nice and not seen that often. Very asthetically pleasing. Well done.

Greenie

wow thats PVC?? I looked throught the pictures and completely missed that part, I was going to comment that that was some very nice metal cutting lol wow seeing amazing pvc work is making me question whether or not I should go for that instead of metal lol

Very nice hilt you made there. Beautiful colors and cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    They look fantastic. That steel finish is very nice and not seen that often. Very asthetically pleasing. Well done.

Greenie
    Thank you so much for the kind words, before they were painted they looked pretty ho hum but after I was done coloring them up they really popped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitjensen View Post
    wow thats PVC?? I looked throught the pictures and completely missed that part, I was going to comment that that was some very nice metal cutting lol wow seeing amazing pvc work is making me question whether or not I should go for that instead of metal lol

Very nice hilt you made there. Beautiful colors and cuts.
    Well I am very glade they fooled you at first
    I always go PVC but that is mostly due to my budget and complete lack of know how when it comes to working with Metal. One of these days I plan on making a PVC\Sink tube hybrid, but its a ways off for sure.

This is a really impressive use of the medium! Those emitters and shrouds are top notch.

I'd like to add how Impressed I am by how crisp all the cuts on your PVC are. Absolutely flawless!

The cut outs for the crystal reveal are excellent.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm am glad you like the hilts!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Looks great, e, nice clean lines!

@erbody else, you can get lines like that with hand files and patience.