Thread: custom 3-up Luxeon Rebel color config

Default custom 3-up Luxeon Rebel color config

So I orderen a custom 3-up Luxeon Rebel Blue/Red/white, which I wired with a NB v3 and a 18650B protected 3.7V 3400mA battery.
    Calculated from the data sheets I have an 0.5 ohm resistor for blue, a 1.5 ohm resistor for red and an 0.5 ohm resistor for white.
    I wanted to go for a nice magenta blade and white FoC, but my blue led washes out my red led completely.

Before I buy anything I'd want to know what is the best way to go about it.
    What parameters should I use if I decide to calculate a resistor to suppress the current,
    and would I need my peak protection resistor afterwards?

PS: Is it normal that my blade when fully charged still isn't the brightest, even tho it's super bright on camera? (probably wavelenghts)

Grab a bunch of resistors of various values. Add them inline to the blue until you find the shade you're aiming for.
    Madcow made a vid showing how to do this. It's much better than my brief explanation.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ing-my-Resitor

I have seen the tutorial. I used it as a base to calculate my protection resistor.
    I'm an Electrical Engineer and I had Electronics in Highschool.
    I know all the laws and rules, but I just didn't remember which parameters were important.
    I just need to know if i use the nominal Vf and the wanted current it should suppress.

Too bad I have no bunch of resistors here at hand to test it.