Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Havok's Ember - a custom saber for a friend across the pond

Default Havok's Ember - a custom saber for a friend across the pond

Today I present to you, Havok's Ember. This was a commission for my good friend Baconwizard.
    His vision was very detailed, and is the backstory for this saber, which I will leave for him to tell.
    Basically though, at one point in time, this was an Imperial Knight saber. The cues are still visible ( shrouds especially )but it's seen many changes.

This saber was a joy to work on, and I learned alot. This is as close to his vision as I could get without bending the laws of physics, but I'm still working on that.

The specs:
    custom saltwater etching in circuitry pattern
    extreme aging/weathering of pommel and especially the emitter ( a new technique! )
    custom cut and etched shrouds, with an ancient Sith incantation "melted" into it
    NB3
    JQ Sabers Imperial ring switch - red and extremely aged
    inlaid gold wiring around the switch, for a cool circuitry look
    recharge port
    bass speaker
    custom tri-cree XP-L for bright white blade

Thanks again to Baconwizard for his patience, and his vision.
    Enjoy and thank you for looking.

-Darkmatter73

Once again. Oh man! A very bold design, beautifully executed. I would assume Baconwizard is most pleased. I've checked out your other post and your etching technique looks very precise, would that be using PNP?

Well thanks Greenie, you're a tough act to follow. That reveal core....
    No it's not pnp, i use mylar for the stencils, then transfer paper to move it over to the piece.

Cool. I'm always interested in different techniques to transfer design to hilt.
    I put the detail on the inside, yours is on the outside. Just different points of view my friend.

Love the contrast of red and aged gray. I'm very curious about one thing - I see there's etched writing on the shroud between the button and pommel ring. What does it say, if anything?
    (between you and Greenie, y'all are making me wanna post my newest one too darn it)

It says "summon demon" in Kittat, an ancient Sith dialect. As per the customers backstory, it was melted in there with Sith lightning.

Whatever the etching process is, I love it. Especially on the pommel, it looks like stone and it just blows me away, man. Great saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    Love the contrast of red and aged gray. I'm very curious about one thing - I see there's etched writing on the shroud between the button and pommel ring. What does it say, if anything?
    (between you and Greenie, y'all are making me wanna post my newest one too darn it)
    Well, let's see it then.

Wooooahh! The detail!
    Incredible work!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------