Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenie reveals all. SaberIII (pic heavy)

Looks like a simple saber

then you open it up and see a masterpiece hiding inside.!!!

Wow! I couldn't have hoped for a better response. Thank you. I'm not gonna quote everyone but all your comments are very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Gooooooooooorgeous. I knew you had something good brewing. You've outdone yourself. Spectacular work my friend.
    Thanks dude. When I saw DCLS004 I figured I should try harder . Thanks for the YT like. I had to set up an account so I could post a vid
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    Wow, the core looks amazing! How'd you get the switch to work?
    I made a 'mushroom' shaped button to fit in a hole through the hilt, held off with a piece of foam under the brass thumb plate. I'll add some pics later.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcadude View Post
    Looks like a simple saber

then you open it up and see a masterpiece hiding inside.!!!
    Too kind. That was the aim really. A bit of restraint so as not to detract too much from the reveal but enough to marry the two together.
    Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    That's outrageously awesome! So, there's an internal core that is completely independent of the shell? Very cool! I've been trying to devise something like that. But I'll never get that level of detail in my work. I like the way you integrated the LED module into the design. What do you use for the copper and brass tubing?
    Thank you. For pipe and tubing try K&S metals at any hobby shop. Better still check darth_chasm's thread 'things I've picked up along the way' , he's got it covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognatus View Post
    Always wondered what a perfect saber looked like. Now I know.
    I am humbled but no, I am but a learner. Keep searching

I added a vid link to the original post. It's my first public vid so apologies if it's a bit crap but you can see that the saber functions, in and out of the hilt (no camera tricks and best shots only).

Thanks again
    Greenie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Thanks dude. When I saw DCLS004 I figured I should try harder . Thanks for the YT like. I had to set up an account so I could post a vid
    Tried and succeeded!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Thank you. For pipe and tubing try K&S metals at any hobby shop. Better still check darth_chasm's thread 'things I've picked up along the way' , he's got it covered.
    Thread is only on FX Sabers btw.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I know I've gone a bit pic heavy, but you're wondering where the board is

image.jpg. image.jpg. image.jpg

Access to the SD card.
    Last edited by Greenie; 10-18-2016 at 01:12 AM.

And the work of art chassis opens to reveal the power inside. Just fantastic.

I don't even know what to say. This saber is overwhelmingly beautiful! This is how I would envision an actual lightsaber would look outside and in.

i don't have the words. What you did inside is really amazing work. What you did outside is smooth and sleek, simple and elegant, very beautiful!

Wonderfully done!

Denzil

Usually when I look at a build thread, I find something I don't like about a saber. For once, that's not the case. I love everything about this saber, especially the vents in the blade holder. And the layered shroud. And the insanely detailed chassis. And the pressure plate switch! I definitely want to have something like that in a saber at some point. Amazing job overall, Greenie.

Mic drop....... Really amazing!