Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Greenie reveals all. SaberIII (pic heavy)

Wow...it has a nice Darth Sideous feel to it with that RRW. I could see this thing taking on a half dozen Jedi. Very sleek, with a cold precision to it inside and out. It has the symbol of wealth and power about it. A nice contrast to the downtrodden, weathered look of a battle weary Jedi hilt that many builders are pulling off so well.

How did you do all those intricate pins and rods? Are they just re-purposed hardware parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Controverze View Post
    Awesome saber bro!
    Wishing I had one of those right now. Loving the turbine feel to the core
    Would go especially well with purple imo
    Agreed. I'm thinking now, maybe it deserved a Prism. Oh well, maybe an upgrade, maybe the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    Oh my...I want
    'That Saber. It belongs to me' . Thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Jedi View Post
    Ugh, this whole thin is a work of art. I absolutely love the switch mechanism!
    Very kind. I'm happy to share ideas

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    I keep revisiting this saber, ogling the pictures and trying to come up with the right thing to say. A sting of expletives; a long low whistle; a novella on beauty and simplicity as a facade for life's underlying complexity; Donkey and onions and layers. In the end, I'm going with: Bravo. Beautiful. Gallery-worthy.
    I keep revisiting this post, reading it over, trying to come up with an equally articulate response. In the end I'm going with: Thank you kindly, Sir. much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ris Liam View Post
    Wow...it has a nice Darth Sideous feel to it with that RRW. I could see this thing taking on a half dozen Jedi. Very sleek, with a cold precision to it inside and out. It has the symbol of wealth and power about it. A nice contrast to the downtrodden, weathered look of a battle weary Jedi hilt that many builders are pulling off so well.
    Yeah. I can see that I do love a weathered saber (DCLS004 springs to mind) but being a bit of a 'clean freak' makes me reluctant to paint and scratch those perfect MHS parts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeker View Post
    How did you do all those intricate pins and rods? Are they just re-purposed hardware parts?
    There are some scavenged parts but mostly brass, copper, and aluminium tubing bought in assorted packs. You can find them in hobby stores
    image.jpeg

That is art. A breathtaking masterpiece. Inspirational, dude!

Way nice. Too pretty for me :P Looks very Sith for sure
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Woooww, stunning piece I love the reveal core.

Absolutely incredible! Only one thing would make that saber better.... If it was mine!
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

I've just been spending the last couple months staring, & drooling... wanting to respond, but not sure exactly what to say.
    I think I may have the words finally.

That masterful combination of shiny chrome, brass & copper tubes, the gold switch... It's absolutely stunning.
    Love the curved, multi layer shroud... almost has an art deco look to it, kinda like the top of New York's Chrysler Building.
    The hilt safety plug reminds me of the radial engines in old WWII fighter planes, yet the inner part of the saber with
    the tapered & (drilled?) pommel end (pic 11) all the tubing, and pretty much everything... it looks like a modern
    jet engine. Small details like what I'm assuming is the blade retention switch, being made out of 2 different metals... WOW!
    Last but not least, the dual illuminated crystals, I'm in absolute awe. All told, this looks more like a museum piece than
    the kind of saber you'd carry on a regular basis, much less use. I'd be far too afraid of breaking something on that work
    of art.

Quote Originally Posted by LightsaberToothedTiger View Post
    That is art. A breathtaking masterpiece. Inspirational, dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Way nice. Too pretty for me :P Looks very Sith for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Plo Koon View Post
    Woooww, stunning piece I love the reveal core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Absolutely incredible! Only one thing would make that saber better.... If it was mine!
    Once again, thank you all for such kind praise. @choos. The one you commented on at FX is in the gallery here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinMill View Post
    I've just been spending the last couple months staring, & drooling... wanting to respond, but not sure exactly what to say.
    I think I may have the words finally.

That masterful combination of shiny chrome, brass & copper tubes, the gold switch... It's absolutely stunning.
    Love the curved, multi layer shroud... almost has an art deco look to it, kinda like the top of New York's Chrysler Building.
    The hilt safety plug reminds me of the radial engines in old WWII fighter planes, yet the inner part of the saber with
    the tapered & (drilled?) pommel end (pic 11) all the tubing, and pretty much everything... it looks like a modern
    jet engine. Small details like what I'm assuming is the blade retention switch, being made out of 2 different metals... WOW!
    Last but not least, the dual illuminated crystals, I'm in absolute awe. All told, this looks more like a museum piece than
    the kind of saber you'd carry on a regular basis, much less use. I'd be far too afraid of breaking something on that work
    of art.
    A very well considered response and very nice of you to say. I love a bit of Art Deco, it was not a deliberate asthetic but I kinda wish it was now. Someone else suggested 'jet engine' and also 'podracer engine' and I like that comparison, thanks. It is a'museum piece' in as much as it sit on display at the moment and although I don't duel, I have sparred and tossed it around in my hand (and dropped it) to see what falls out/off or breaks. So far so good. Within the hilt there's no movement, it's solid and pretty sturdy and also quite heavy but that's how I like 'em.

MTFBWY

Greenie

That's just beautiful......