Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Greenie reveals all. SaberIII (pic heavy)

I really like the inside of this saber! S T U N N I N G work!!
    Join me, join the dark side!

Holy crap Greenie! Do you got to raise the bar so high? I just found this today. I have no words to complement that, it would just be an understatement. Really you derserve a congrats from everyone in this hobby IMO. My hat just came off! By the way thanks for all the help the last little while.

Thank you Jediseth, very nice of you to say and I'm glad to help. As the little guy says [pass on what you have learned].

Greenie

My only hope is to someday have the metal working skills, and engineering insight to build a full chassis like this. This saber is amazing. I can't believe I haven't seen this thread earlier with all the posts Greenie makes, and the simple access to this thread via his signature! Piece of art! Absolutely amazing. I LOVE THE SWITCH!!!!!! Someday, I will be able to make a saber such as this! I have a lot more practice builds though, to work my way there.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Much appreciated Tom, thank you. And your Kylo Ren looks awesome!

Good to know the new link works.

Absolutely love the inside of this. I really need to get a lathe in my shop to turn up some custom stuff like this. This is defineately one to aspire to.

Thank you FC. This unexpected bump reminds me that the next one is long overdue

No worries Greenie. I followed your link from your comment on my thread. I just had to congratulate you on a job well done!!

Board Lurker

Definitely a gold standard for saber design and core work. How did you attach all the greeblies and tubes? Was it glue? Welding?

Thank you Raktus. It's all pretty much drilled holes, push fitted and 'forced' into place. It all stays where it should but on the smallest pieces of copper wire I had the idea of using drops of superglue for extra security then painted them silver to look like soldered joints. The tiny brass 'strap' over the parallel copper wire is also glued.

image.jpg

Greenie