Thread: Luke skywalker lightsaber emitter problem

Default Luke skywalker lightsaber emitter problem

I'm trying to remove the emitter but it won't come off I've tried heat to melt any glue inside it and still won't come off any suggestions?

If it's on the Hasbro Black Series saber, I don't think it is meant to come off.
    All you have to do is remove the battery pack, remove the control box and clip the switch wires, and push down on the end of the blade. The hilt should slide off of the electronics tube.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaloreJedi View Post
    If it's on the Hasbro Black Series saber, I don't think it is meant to come off.
    All you have to do is remove the battery pack, remove the control box and clip the switch wires, and push down on the end of the blade. The hilt should slide off of the electronics tube.
    It's a 2007 master replicas and I'm having the same problem with a master replicas obi wan kenobi. I need to get a strap wrench but I don't know which is the best to get because I don't want to damage the hilt.

I had that issue with my 2005 Luke Jedi also. I bought a cheap strap wrench at Menard's for $11, and it worked perfectly without damaging the emitter. I did have to heat the emitter with a craft heat gun first. Just go around the emitter evenly, and when it's almost too hot to touch turn it off with the strap wrench. It will take some pressure to get it off.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaloreJedi View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I picked up the BS Luke VI at Gamestop today for $100, and it's the next one I am going to convert, and wasn't sure if it followed the same procedure as the older versions.

The BS Luke VI didn't come apart for me at the emitter. instead it comes apart for me at the grenade section and control box meeting point.