Thread: Board Comparrison

Default Board Comparrison

Ok so I am stuck on something...

I have recently decided to go with a different board than I was originally planning (my original choice was the NB) & I have it narrowed down to 2, the PRIZM 4 & the Spark Color 2. Both boards are pretty similar in features & functions, but I'd like to get the opinions of you folks. I'm torn because I want to stick with the products offered by TCSS mainly because I already have my chassis parts in hand, but the Spark Color 2 has a couple neat features that would add an even more show stopping affect to my saber (i.e. the wrist twist color change).

Another question I had was in regard to switches, because of how I have designed my saber the only place to put an aux switch (required by the Spark board) would be in the Activation box, which is currently filled with the PLI/Switch combo that TCSS offers, so my question does the PRIZM require an aux switch?

Thanx in advance for any help & opinions provided!

Chris
    Last edited by NaasadTal; 10-10-2016 at 02:09 AM.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

The Prizm does use an aux switch.
    I've never used a board from NEC though, so I can't give a comparison.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Plecter products are the preference on this board, as they are sold at TCSS.

If you look elsewhere for opinions, you will find fanboys on both sides of the aisle who will vehemently argue their choice is better for one reason or another.
    There is no "right answer".

Personally though, I think the wrist-twist color change would get too many false positives for my tastes

I personally use boards from both sources, they each have their pluses and minuses. It is a matter of what you want and which features are important to you.

The wrist twist is configurable, just like any other motion sensitive feature of either board, no fear of false positives once configured.

I have used a Spark 2 and Spark Color 2. Personally, I like that there's separate pads for every wire to run to, but that's where my enjoyment ends. I don't really like the sensitivity of the swings at all. Even at the least sensitive settings, the swings will trigger at even the slightest movements usually and the clash sensitivity seems to be either too sensitive or not sensitive enough unless you solder a clash sensor on there. As for the color changing twist, there's a setting to change only if you have the Aux button pressed, which is nice. I have not used a PRIZMv4, but if it's anything like the crystal shard I have, it's gonna be great. Similar price point too!

I am very new to building sabers (only have 2 under my belt). My first was a NB, and for the second one I tried the Prizm.. have to tell you. The Prizm is AWESOME! Thats all the comparison I have.