Thread: What is this part called?

Default What is this part called?

I'm building my first saber that includes a prong part attached to the blade holder. Does anyone know what this part is called and what material/s I need to make one? Thank you!

Attached is a picture of a saber with the part highlighted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm relatively new still to the saber scene, but you could probably make those claws or prongs (whatever they're called) out of some square aluminum barstock. Or if you are concerned about cost, you could cut some PVC strips, glue them together to form a thicker piece and then carve and paint them as desired.
    "In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children"

Those are usually called Claws, sadly TCSS doesn't offer them...yet (wink, wink) but if you or someone you know has the knowhow, they shouldn't be too hard to make out of scrap sheet aluminum.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaasadTal View Post
    Those are usually called Claws, sadly TCSS doesn't offer them...yet ...
    TCSS doesn't offer them anymore. The MHS claws and claw mounts were offered until 2008, but were discontinued. The claw mount was temporarily re-released in a limited amount a couple years ago, so you might be able to find one. For reference, look up Madcow's Corran Horn, it's the blasted part his switches are mounted to.

Those claws I machined from 1/4" flat T6 aluminum