Thread: Crystal Chamber LED not working!

Default Crystal Chamber LED not working!

Hello All,

Just trying to troubleshoot why my crystal chamber LED isn't firing. I have the wiring just as the manual shows, but I may have the wrong resistors. I used ones that came with some 5mm solid color LEDs I bought and assumed they would work for each color anode on the 5mm RGB LED. Could this be the problem. What resistors should I be using for each color anode on the 5mm RGB LED? Here's a pic of my wiring. Actually, I have my negative grounded on the Accent LED Gnd rather than the Battery Gnd, but the manual said I could.

http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/js...tml?sort=3&o=0

Actually, I solved my problem! After re-reading the manual, my negative line had to become the positive to match the main LED! Problem solved!

Not hoping to resurrect an old thread but I'm using the same setup as you and my 5mm led just isn't very bright, did you encounter this at all?

I was using a common cathode wired in parallel which won't work, I got a common anode led and the chamber lights up like a charm. Just posting this reference for anyone else confused as I was.