Thread: First Saber - am I missing anything?

Default First Saber - am I missing anything?

This will be my first attempt at a saber. Going for a relatively simple hilt construction with a NBv3, Tri-Cree LED (B/rB/W) with the white wired for FoC, 2W bass speaker and recharge port (planning to put the recharge port in the pommel insert, I know this will require modifying the speaker holder for wires to pass through). These are the parts I have in my cart right now, I have the other incidental parts (resistors, wire) already so not ordering them at this time:

Body:
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 12
    MPS Pommel style 8
    MPS Clip
    Hilt style 4
    MPS Insert style 2
    16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Blue Ring Switch
    Kill plug style 4
    8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw

Blade:
    "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)
    ** Double Wrap
    ** Bullet Shaped

Internals:
    Custom Tri-Cree LED
    White Cree Die
    Blue Cree Die
    Royal Blue Cree Die
    18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens
    Star thermal tape pad - Tri LED (x2 in case I screw the first one up)
    Nano Biscotte Sound Module V3
    MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers
    18650 Single Cell Holder
    NB V3 MWS Header and Wiring Harness
    Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery
    MWS Recharge Port
    2W 28mm Bass Speaker

Services:
    Machine recessed 16mm AV switch hole
    Drill & Tap Hole (8-32) - blade retention screw hole

Charger:
    3.7V-14.8V 1Amp Li-Ion Smart charger
    Add 2.1mm plug adapter for smart charger

If I need to provide links, or there's a better format to post the parts, please let me know. Thanks for your time and I'm open to any suggestions/recommendations.
    Last edited by Shenlon; 10-06-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Don't forget your heatsink. There's a little checkbox on the bladeholder page to include one.

This is optional, but nice: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/9-...bes-P1009.aspx It'll slide over the v6 speaker mount and protect your electronics from shorting against the hilt. Not strictly necessary, but it's something to consider.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks for the response, the heatsink is included, not sure how I deleted it when I was copying my parts over, but thanks for the double check. Also, I have some of the T8 lamp material already and am definitely planning on using it.

I know you said you have resistors and such, but just wanted to point out that the LED in your switch needs a really big resistor or the dyna-ohm one.

You're also missing a means to hang it from your belt. Since you are putting the recharge port in the hilt, a covertech is your best option.

Thanks for the point on the Dyna-Ohm, I added one to the cart just to make things easier for assembly. Also, not concerned about hanging it from a belt at the moment and don't want to make any decisions about where to place the clip until I know for sure that's a route I want to pursue. Thanks for the feedback!