Thread: Help me Convert my MR Maul

Default Help me Convert my MR Maul

So I recently purchased an MR Darth Maul, it comes with SF Infinity blades and the TCSS conversion kit. The trouble is the internals have all been removed and it doesn't have a battery. It is both sabers with the connector to make it the saber staff. It will come with the original internals able to be put back in, at least the soundboard and such, but like I said no battery. So I plan to add new red leds and hook up the original soundboard but this will be my first install/conversion any advice? Any place where I can get the new battery packs? Can I change what battery packs it takes without frying the boards? Wiring diagrams for the original boards available? Any help would be awesome.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

When you say no battery, do you mean no battery holder? The MR's don't usually have non-removable batteries, they just have like AA or AAA holders that you place batteries into...?

Personally, I would ditch the stock boards and get a couple (or even just 1) NanoBiscotte boards and 3.7V Li-Ions if the thing is going to be coming empty anyways...

Yeah no battery holder or speaker. I was thinking about the nano but they are currently sold out. I also have 3 other builds I am looking to do so money for them is tight. I didn't want to spend an extra $134 if I didn't have to.