Thread: LED drive values (using PRIZM4)

Default LED drive values (using PRIZM4)

Hello,
    I am using the PRIZM4 for the first time and was just playing around with the color profiles. I think I have a good understanding of how the drive values work, but do have a few questions. All 3 dice of my LED are properly resistored.

1) If a value of 1023 is the highest a die could go, does this value mean I am driving this die (with proper resistor) at 1 amp?

2) This is one of my profiles:
    color0=0,800,800
    fcolor0=420,0,0
    focmix0=111

If I understand correctly, my flash on clash will light up along with the channel 2 and 3 LED, which is what it looks like. All die are lit during the FoC.

Now this is where I need some assistance/confirmation.

3) If I drive channel 2 at 1023 and 3 at 1023, and keep them lit during a FoC, would I be exceeding the 2amp spec of the board? If all 3 dice are lit at the same time, do the drive values have to total under 2046 (which is 1023 x2, assuming 1023 is driving at 1 amp)?

Would a color profile like this damage my board? I believe this focmix setting will keep all 3 dice on during the FoC.

color0=0,800,900
    fcolor0=1023,0,0
    focmix0=111

Thank you for taking a look.

Check out the Prizm manual:

Page 22 (focmix)
    Page 25 and 26 (what the drive values mean)

Yeah, I did read it, wasn't sure if I was understanding correctly. Just looking for an opinion if i got it right bunger.

I've got a Prizm running a BBW tri-cree. Setting the drive value to 1023 does not run the LED at 1 amp. It just applies the full voltage from the battery (that's what the resistors are for).

My settings:

color0=1023, 1023, 0
    fcolor0=0, 0, 1023
    focmix=I don't actually remember, but I think 111

I use channels 1 and 2 for the blues, and 3 for the white. You can use whatever channel you want for any LED as long as you configure the sd card properly.

Cool. Thanks. I was playing around with it more last night to see what the difference between the "color mix" and the FoC "on top" looked like. I was also concerned that if i had an fcolor value of say...800,1023,1023..... I would be pushing the board over the 2 amp spec. I'm starting to understand this a little better. This is the first time I am using a Prizm. It is only my 3rd build and I used a NBv3 on the first two. Thanks for the reply.