Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: K'Mari - Double Bladed Saber

LOVE IT!

Dig the 'victorian' etching under the shroud that is partially revealed...

and the little details like the etched AV button..etc

+1

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off of the floor.

WOW is an understatement....the etching edges are super sharp...absolutely amazing work brother. Like the others have stated, I to like everything about it. Great looking saber.

+10

Edit:
    Also wanted to ask...how did you etch the switch?...and what you used for masking on your etching, because i believe yours is the best etching i have seen in a very long time.
    Last edited by PhoenixHawk; 09-30-2016 at 04:23 PM.

That is some next level stuff man! That looks awesome!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Im starting to wonder if im dreaming or not. that is incredible!
    Normally purple is not the highest on my list of nice colors but that purple and the design just look awe inpiring and mystic almost (i have no idea how to accurately describe my thoughts on it lol) but wow thats one hell of an amazing birthday gift.

Oh man, that's one beautiful piece of art! Fantastic design, great etching detail, shrouds are sleek, and rotating crystal chamber too! Stunning.

Now one very geeky question for you: I recognize the elvish Tengwar characters in the script, but is that the English Mode, Quenya Mode, or a Sindarin Mode? In any case, very nicely done!
    BinarySunsetDesign.wordpress.com

"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky." -A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

Thank you very much everyone
    You know I don't really have any friends who have the same interest more so in the same hobby as I so I got really nobody to share this with. So all these amazing feedbacks are great inspiration and motivation for me to continue on my pending projects that are literally gathering dust and just simply waiting for me to get over the evils of procrastination lol

@SparrowHAwk
    I have no idea haha, the elvish scripts are there in the design because on how I envision my wife's character to be somewhat like an oriental-elvish-old republic-satele like padawan (as strange as it may) and mainly the feminine feature of that font's design.

subtle, but really amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by norvinus View Post
    Thank you very much everyone
    You know I don't really have any friends who have the same interest more so in the same hobby as I so I got really nobody to share this with. So all these amazing feedbacks are great inspiration and motivation for me to continue on my pending projects that are literally gathering dust and just simply waiting for me to get over the evils of procrastination lol

@SparrowHAwk
    I have no idea haha, the elvish scripts are there in the design because on how I envision my wife's character to be somewhat like an oriental-elvish-old republic-satele like padawan (as strange as it may) and mainly the feminine feature of that font's design.
    I totally know the feeling! Most of my friends are slightly amused and may raise an eyebrow or two when I tell them about sabersmithing. But that's one of the best things about TCSS, sharing the enthusiasm and joy of the hobby! If you find a way of overcoming saber procrastination, definitely let me know.

And haha, that's cool! I agree, the elvish script fits the Old Republic feel of the saber, and really alludes to a sense of elegant fury of the Jedi who wields this fine weapon.
    BinarySunsetDesign.wordpress.com

"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky." -A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

this saber is a work of art. I simply cannot get over just how beautiful this saber is. Excellent work!