Thread: Saber Wedding

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Default Saber Wedding

So I know I mentioned this before, but I finally just had a chance to collect pictures of everything. As a gift to my groomsmen for my wedding (thankfully there were just 3 lol), I bought them all the parts necessary to build lightsabers of their own design. Once we had everything in-hand we held a number of saber construction get-togethers, where I walked them through the process of wiring everything up, drilling all the holes, and putting it all together. They all got a NanoBiscotte soundboard (and all the standard electronics needed to go with that choice) to keep things simple and easy to follow along together. For their blades, they chose Green, Blue, and Purple respectively. Here are their final products:

Best Man:

Groomsman:

Groomslady:

Also, at the same time, I created my “signature” designed saber which I have been building up to creating since the beginning of my time here (based on one of my earliest saber design sketches back in the day). It is an asymmetrical saberstaff/dual wield quick-disconnect saber/pair, with NanoBiscottes (the shorter sporting the Shoto font), PLIs, and Amber Cree LEDs. The longer comes out to about 11.5” long, while the shorter is about 8.5” long. They both have brass sink tube shrouds, with a simple (but accurate to my initial design) cut aesthetic. The grips are made from the self-adhesive texturized rubber I bought for these sabers years ago (and tested as the grips for my first saber). And finally, I was lucky enough to have Tim sell me the extra Quick-Disconnect Coupler prototypes he had left, including some brass buttons for them. Those couplers are truly the jewel of this saber, and what made it even possible for me to realize! (As noted by previous testers, it was very easy to cut myself on their edges until I chamfered them with sandpaper, and after sustained use overtime they have developed a slight “wiggle” between them – likely due to the softness of aluminum. If future versions are made, I would gladly pay a premium for steel versions. But overall, best purchase I have ever made from TCSS!) Anyways, here is my final product (one of the AV LEDs was on the fritz, but has since been fixed:

And finally, we all used our new sabers (plus my new brother-in-law participated with my Fenix saber) in a semi-choreographed (read: mostly ad-libbed; only practiced the general storyline of the fight like twice lol) lightsaber battle immediately preceding my first dance. We had Daft Punk’s C.L.U. (from Tron) playing in the background as our battle music, and it was epic! It ended with my new Wife using my BlasterCore-converted E-5 blaster rifle to shoot my Best Man in the back, which transitioned beautifully into our first dance.

It was fun. And now my 3 best friends all have their own lightsabers, so we can fight whenever we feel like it!

Oh, and also, I successfully surprised my Bride with Antikva at the alter! But she doesn’t like pictures of herself, so you’ll just have to imagine that one haha.

Dude, this is freakin' awesome! What a great project for you and your buddies, and with great results! Love that saberstaff of yours, very well done. Great use of the quick disconnect couplers, I've been itching to try a similar design. Bravo, and congratulations!
    BinarySunsetDesign.wordpress.com

"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky." -A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

those are freaking gorgeous sabers ner vod! Love the idea behind your staff, its absolutely brilliant!

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Very cool looking sabers bro, like them all. Looks like all had fun...and that's the main idea/goal. Also like those quick-disconnect coupler's ...very cool idea Tim.

Congratulations on getting hitched...lol.

Blog Entries

Very nice. And congrats!
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Congratulations! It's always nice to see people having fun at their wedding. I'm not sure how I missed Antikva, but that is one fine work of art!

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Thanks all!

Definitely a series of fun experiences - building sabers with friends, the wedding itself, and even being married now lol