Thread: Mace windu purple led.

Default Mace windu purple led.

I want to get the best purple for my mace windu. I havery had a white led with color disks but I really didn't like that. I wanna use a trip led mixing the red and blue to get purple so what one should I get as in rbr or rbb or maybe rbw? Or does the third one not matter because you don't need to use it?

The third one is used for your FoC.

What board are you using? Many here recommend Red + Royal Blue. I'm using a RGrB for my purple blade, and mixing in the green which gives it a white(ish) flash. If you don't care about Flash on Clash you can double down on rB, if you do care about FoC the flash is up to you. On a Nano Biscotte the FoC is added to the other two, while some other boards allow you to custom mix your flash so you can get any other color you like.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    What board are you using? Many here recommend Red + Royal Blue. I'm using a RGrB for my purple blade, and mixing in the green which gives it a white(ish) flash. If you don't care about Flash on Clash you can double down on rB, if you do care about FoC the flash is up to you. On a Nano Biscotte the FoC is added to the other two, while some other boards allow you to custom mix your flash so you can get any other color you like.
    I'm just doing the basic conversion with the original soundboard and battery speaker pack.

In the case of using the original sound board, you'll just be using the red and blue led's to light the blade, since the board cannot supply enough current to properly drive three of them anyway.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    In the case of using the original sound board, you'll just be using the red and blue led's to light the blade, since the board cannot supply enough current to properly drive three of them anyway.
    OK thanks

What resistor should I use? And do i only need one for the red or for both red and blue?

Only the red will need a resistor, with the value being dependant upon the shade of purple you're trying to get. Try different values between 3.3 and 10 ohms, 2 watts to get the color you like.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Only the red will need a resistor, with the value being dependant upon the shade of purple you're trying to get. Try different values between 3.3 and 10 ohms, 2 watts to get the color you like.
    Thanks